Thursday, December 9, 2010

The 'Catarina' Dress

This is a quick little post about today's project. I have previously done these patterns, but I thought it was worth a quick note anyway.
The 'Catarina' Dress

This dress was inspired by a costume from the movie 'Luther'. I love this movie, and I have always been intrigued by this dress. I was so happy when I found a way to make it into a doll dress! It's not exactly the same, of course, but I hope that you can see the similarity. So far this dress has been very popular. It's truly beautiful with woven gold and white ribbon, gold organza, and embroidered white eyelet.


What do you think?

Here is the official photo of the finished product and the picture that the dress is based off of.





















2 comments:

  1. 'Luther' is a favorite of mine also.

    I believe this was [Sir] Peter Ustinov's last film performance (as 'Fredrick the Wise').

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been- I honestly don't know. I loved his character!

    ReplyDelete