Thursday, April 26, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
The format is going to be a bit different from now on. Several of these dresses were photographed with the following:
- Colonial Panniers, Shift and Petticoat set
- Civil War Hoopskirt, Chemise and Drawers set
These are not available yet, but they will be within the next week!
And please, if you have bought a dress from us and loved it, leave a review on the dress page (if you can find it - Our dresses sell out quickly). Let us know what you think of the new site!
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
The main reason is that I have been working on updating yoreclothes.com. There are many, many things that I could add to it, but so far I want to add the following features:
- A section on each product page where customers can add comments and reviews
- 3 information tabs instead of 2. Right now I have 'Product' and 'History'. I want to have 'Description', 'History', and 'Fashion'. The 'Description' tab will have all the information about the dress, just as the 'Product' tab does now. The 'History' tab will have information about the product's name. For example, the 'Clara Barton' Dress will have a whole tab on Clara Barton, instead of just a few paragraphs. This will allow me to do more justice to the people, places, and things that inspire my designs. The 'Fashion' tab will have information about the fashions of the time period. This, I hope, will become a valued resource to anyone interested in period clothing.
- A search engine that will allow customers (and anyone else) to search for particular things, such as 'ball gowns'.
- more product pictures!
Unfortunately, because of the amount of work that will go into this, I will be a little slower than I would like in getting out my new designs. I am also using this project as a homework assignment (for a college class). It's due the end of April, so hopefully by then the site will be completed. Thanks in advance for your patience! In the meantime, I will be writing a bit on this blog about new designs, ideas, and other things.