Friday, March 1, 2013

A personal tidbit + March 2013 Dress!

Things have been so busy here in SW Virginia!  Most of you readers know that I (Emily) run 'Doll Clothes of Yore', but you may not know that I also have another part-time job and I'm currently in my last semester of college. So if you ever wonder why it takes a long time for a dress to come out or for changes to be made... that's why. I wish I could give all my time to new designs, but alas, the current designs have to be remade too! I estimate that in 2012 I made 500 dresses - that's not including hoopskirts, bustles, petticoats, etc!

'Anne of Brittany' Dress
It excites me to be able to release a new design - it allows me to be creative and just have something new! My March 2013 Dress is one that I have been working on for the past several months, and it's finally done! I'm very pleased with how it looks, and I hope you are too! It has fur trimming and a 'pomander', both of which are new to my designs!

It is my goal to release my Spring 2013 collection before Easter - I had wanted it to be out sometime the first week in March, but I haven't been able to finish the designs. Also in March, I will be re-working the time periods, or 'Eras' that I offer in my clothing. Instead of offering 1970's, I will be splitting my 'Renaissance' section into 'Renaissance' and 'Tudor'. Besides being more historically accurate, my Tudor designs have become more popular than I expected - so they deserve their own section!

If you have any ideas for future designs, email them to me! I love to hear your comments and ideas. My email address is yoreclothes@ntelos.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment