Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Tudor Outfit - in progress!



I have been frightfully busy over here in Virginia - working 2 jobs and going to college will do that to you. I am just now getting to new Spring 2012 designs (I usually start this process in February). I'm sorry for the lack of blog posts and anything else!

But, I thought it would be fun to let you all know what I am working on today. I have wanted to do a Tudor outfit for a long time - despite the fact that I think the fashions of the 1500's are ridiculous in many ways. However, I am always excited about new designs! It keeps my life with my business interesting. I found a beautiful fabric at the local fabric store that I thought just screams Renaissance! I have been researching for months to find the best way to use it.

And just for the record - the entire process of finding a design, fabric, and eventually making the dress and getting it out on the internet usually takes months. It's a long time.


I'm doing a classic Tudor dress design that will be mostly a deep green. It's really a lovely fabric. However, I thought that the outfit wasn't complete without a headdress! I have decided on a French Hood, a style that was made popular in England by Anne Boleyn. Thus, the outfit will be called the Anne Boleyn Dress. I can't wait to make this and get it out on my website so you can all see it!

1 comment: