Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting ready for Spring!

For the past few weeks I have been rushing around trying to prepare a new Spring 2012 series of dresses to introduce as soon as possible. It has been exciting and lots of fun! I have completed a few of the dresses on my list, but there are so many possibilites! So far I have made:


  • The 'Cinderella' Dress - a remake of last year's 'Carolina' Dress, only this year it's not peach. It is pale blue and white, which made me think of Cinderella from the old Disney classic. I have also been researching the history behind 'Cinderella' and many other fairy tales. It has been fascinating, and I can't wait to share some of my findings with you!

  • The 'Antonia' Dress - named after Marie Antoinette (her German name was Maria Antonia). I have had a beautiful piece of fuschia damask fabric in my possession for several years, and I have always wanted to do a Georgian, or Colonial dress out of it. I finally designed a dress that I thought best fit the fabric. Unfortunately, there will only be 4 of these dresses because of the lack of material, but I am very excited about how the design is turning out.

I have several designs that I want to do as well. I want to have at least four before I release the Spring 2012 series. Hopefully that will be in April. Here is what I have planned to create in the next few weeks:



  • A tudor-style dress. It will be a beautiful combination of colors with forest green, gold, and brown. I believe I will call it the 'Anne Boleyn' Dress, but I am not sure yet.

  • A new style of walking dress for the Civil War. I am experimenting with covered buttons for this one, as the aqua color I am using is very hard to find! I don't know what I will call this dress - Mary Chesnut lived in the South during the war and kept a very detailed journal. Her journals have given great insight into the political goings-on in the 1860's. I might name the dress after her!

  • A mid-1880's walking dress. I found an old design of mine a few weeks ago and I would like to recreate it. I am also working on a mid-1890's dress - leg-of-mutton sleeves and all!

I am also going to try to do a blog post every week. I am not much of a writer, but I hope you all enjoy reading about my little endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment