Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Renaissance Dress!

This beautiful dress reminds me of the Rapunzel costume in Disney's 'Tangled'! My little sister saw it and immediately begged me to do my blond doll's hair in Rapunzel's style! I wasn't able to do it, but she sat down and made her hair look great! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture of that style, but the dress is still beautiful!



Out of all the dresses I have made, this one has probably been the hardest to figure out. Slashes in sleeves are somewhat easy for adult clothing, but completely impossible for dolls. I spent hours brainstorming on just how to accomplish this, and I went on to make several mock-ups and experiments. I am so pleased with the results! It's not simple, by any means, but it looks great! I was also thrilled to find some beautiful glass beads that matched my brocade perfectly! I couldn't be more excited about this dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment