Monday, June 13, 2011

New homepage video!

This past week, I had to replace my sewing machine for the 3rd time this year. Because I had a day or two in which I could not sew, I decided to play around with Photoshop and Flash. I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have fun with it. I always appreciate some extra experience with my college major.



I have had this idea for a few weeks- to make a new video that highlights the reasons behind Independence Day. So many people look forward to a time with friends, great food, music and fireworks, but we often forget why we have this wonderful holiday.


I wanted to create a video that captures what we have lost; a sober look at how many people over the past 400 years have given their lives to create a new, free world.


My little 'poem' of sorts (and I'm not a poet either) for the video is:


Let us never forget

The sacrifices made,

The journeys taken,

And the battles won.



And may we all, indeed, never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment